The profession of a bartender is in demand at all times, but in order to take a vacant position, you need to correctly present your abilities. In this article, we will analyze all the key components of a competent bartender resume: experience, personal qualities, skills, and a cover letter.
A bartender or barista is a person who makes and sells drinks to visitors to the establishment. The bartender, like a chemist, combines different drinks to create cocktails. He knows absolutely everything about alcohol, loves, and leads the nightlife, and also enjoys communicating with visitors who are not averse to speaking out. It helps people relax and unwind while offering drinks and recreational services.
- Customer service: welcoming guests, offering a drink to the visitor, and preparing a cocktail.
- Creation of a hospitable and benevolent atmosphere in the institution: friendly communication with visitors, providing them with psychological assistance, maintaining cleanliness.
- Compliance with the rules of the institution: preparing the bar for opening, checking the balances in the warehouse, preparing the workplace.
Some employers require additional functions from the employee, which may include:
- Acceptance of goods.
- Financial management.
- Filling in invoices.
- Registration of invoices.
- Ability to position and sell.
- Knowledge of the history and recipes of alcoholic beverages.
- Ability to make cocktails (at least 7 main ones).
- Ability to maintain a conversation.
- Nice appearance, neatness, neatness.
- Medical book and no contraindications.
If the institution involves the reception of tourists, then when applying for a job, they may require:
- Be fluent in English.
- Be able to tell you about the sights and recommend places to stay
- Possess artistic ability.
HOW TO WRITE A COMPETENT BARTENDER RESUME
The employer wants the institution to be profitable, which means that everyone should be in their place. Before inviting a candidate for a vacancy, the employer examines many resumes and selects people who were able to stand out and interest him.
KEY BARTENDER SKILLS IN RESUME
I dare to disappoint those who think that the job of a bartender is simple. The person standing at the bar must have large baggage of knowledge, skills, and abilities :
- Remember the exact proportions and ingredients of cocktails.
- Master the intricacies of table setting.
- Communicate competently with the guests of the establishment.
- Have communication skills with people of different social status.
The bartender should be able not only to beautifully serve the drink to the visitor but also to colorfully prepare it, to create a kind of performance.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF THE BARTENDER
It is important for the bartender to have a neat appearance and a good memory. When you are at the bar, you need to be attentive and at the same time friendly. More attention is paid to the personal qualities of the barista than to other professions. Since the employee has direct contact with visitors to a cafe or restaurant and must be:
- flexible in communication,
WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT YOURSELF IN THE BARTENDER’S RESUME
We wrote in detail about filling out the column in this article. Think about what you can be better than applicants for the position – experience, desire, talents?
Find the information that your boss needs to present to you as a loyal and valuable employee. The section should make you want to see you at work.
WHAT TO WRITE BARTENDER WITHOUT EXPERIENCE
To master the profession of a bartender, you just need to complete training courses in the bar business. Therefore, if there is no experience of working as a bartender, professional courses will save the situation. On them, you will acquire the basic knowledge and the necessary education. However, the availability of courses is not a guarantee of employment.
A bartender with no work experience should cope with the main tasks:
- Prepare drinks and cocktails according to basic recipes.
- Be able to work with bar accessories and tools.
And you can get a job as a bartender without work experience if you have:
- An up-to-date medical book.
- Desires to learn and develop.
- Ability to make a good impression.
Naturally, if you do not have the proper experience, you will not be hired to work in an elite club, but the applicant has every chance of getting a position in an institution with a common audience.
DO YOU NEED ENGLISH FOR A BARTENDER
You don’t need to know English to work as a bartender. But if you have to work in an active bar + in establishments visited by foreign tourists, all other things being equal, candidates with knowledge of English will be a priority.
Therefore, if you want to work in an elite restaurant or a popular nightclub, it is better to learn the language, at least basic terms, and expressions.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR A BARTENDER JOB IN A RESTAURANT
If the institution is visited by an elite and demanding audience, the employer will make increased demands on the staff: first of all, patience with visitors and the ability to control oneself in stressful situations.
in New York (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 5,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7, 199_ (age 29) Family status: Not married
January 2017 – present (4 years)
Studio Marakesh, New York
- Preparation of cocktails according to technological maps.
- Updating the menu by seasons, time and theme.
- Assistance in organizing club and bartender shows, organizing bar work,
- Working with suppliers, conducting inventory.
- Calculation and service of guests at the bar, delivery of drinks to the hall.
- Compliance with cleanliness in the workplace and sanitary standards.
January 2011 – January 2016 (5 years)
LLC COFFEE BREAK, New York
- Maintenance of the coffee point (inventory, cash reporting, communications with contractors, product orders)
- Preparation of coffee and coffee drinks, menu development, communication and customer service.
- Calculation and increase in the number of loyal visitors, increase in sales receipt, reporting to management, shift management.
- Control over the cleanliness of the hall and occupancy, control over the waiters and the staff of the hall.
- Shift management, control over the placement of employees in the shift, contact with suppliers and technical services.
- Providing education and training for employees.
2009, full-time form
Faculty of restaurant service and trade
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2018, 3 months (1 year ago) The
Basics of flaring
Educational and training center
2017, 3 months (2 years ago)
Education and Training Center
English – Native.
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, Cash register.
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies): I
am interested in new technologies, fitness, yoga, cinema, museums, exhibitions.
Competent speech, organizational skills, result orientation, poise, activeness, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with people, optimism, I can effectively plan time, attentiveness to details, striving for professional development, initiative, good level of professional competence , skillful use of technical teaching aids, artistry.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
The profession can be divided into additional job duties performed in addition to the main ones. Therefore, when filling out the resume form, start from the functions to be performed in the workplace.
- Bartender-waiter – must understand the menu and be able to advise the visitor on dishes and drinks that meet his needs. He has to combine the functions of a waiter and a bartender.
- Bartender-cashier – in addition to serving guests at the bar, he has to work with the cash register, take orders, count guests, and keep financial records.
- Bartender administrator – in addition to making drinks and serving customers, the employee works with suppliers, keeps cash records, carries out monetary transactions, and manages personnel.
- Bartender’s assistant – an employee helps a more experienced specialist: he makes preparations, brings dishes, keeps the workplace clean, tables, dishes, and equipment.
COVER LETTER EXAMPLE FOR THE BARTENDER
It is very important to attach a cover letter to the bartender’s resume. His goal is to highlight his special knowledge and skills to be superior to competitors.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
Recently I saw (write where you learned about the vacancy) a vacancy for a bartender in a restaurant that your company offers.
For the past three years, I have been studying the restaurant business and understand how to connect with guests and make their rest better.
The desire to improve myself and self-confidence brought up a valuable employee in me, and my work in the elite DREAM club gave me invaluable experience.
I took a long time to turn the cocktail serving into a fun show. Since childhood, I have been able to create a friendly atmosphere and support any conversation. I know how to cook deliciously and beautifully serve a drink, and in my company guests are never bored.
I will be happy to demonstrate my abilities in person.
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)