We will compose a competent resume for the vacancy of a cosmetologist and related professions, analyze examples of profiles and components: work experience, qualities, and skills. And also, we will increase the chances of getting a reliable company with the help of the correct cover letter.
Cosmetologists are specialists who deal with skin problems without various pathologies: they eliminate acne, wrinkles, age spots, carry out cosmetic manipulations, and minor surgical interventions: removal of papillomas, warts, moles.
TWO DIFFERENT SPECIALTIES ARE OFTEN CONFUSED: COSMETOLOGIST AND DERMATOLOGIST. A DERMATOLOGIST IS A DOCTOR WHO HAS GRADUATED AND SPECIALIZES IN VARIOUS SKIN DISEASES: PSORIASIS, ECZEMA, AND OTHERS.
Requirements may be imposed on specialists:
- Medical education.
- Certificate of completion of the relevant courses.
- Experience in the field of cosmetology.
- Accuracy, neatness, and developed fine motor skills.
- Ability to find a common language with clients.
- Good physical form.
- Psychological stability.
Cosmetologists perform the following duties:
- Cleaning, care, massage, correction of eyebrows and eyelashes, as well as their coloring.
- SPA programs, body shaping, hair removal, and sugaring.
- Consultations on the face and body skincare.
- Extend eyelashes, carry out minor operations.
- They are engaged in the sale of cosmetics.
The image of a cosmetologist consists of his appearance, recommendations, and regular customers. The master himself must have well-groomed skin, a pleasant appearance, and the presence of his own constant clientele. Then the employer will understand that the work of a specialist is of high quality and reliable.
HOW TO WRITE A RESUME OF A COSMETOLOGIST
In order to get a job as a cosmetologist, you need to understand medicine, it is desirable to have a higher medical education, sometimes it is enough to complete the courses of a cosmetologist.
You also need to know the appropriate drugs, their composition, and their effect on the skin. You cannot do without systematic professional development, studying a variety of techniques and features of the latest cosmetics.
KEY BEAUTICIAN SKILLS IN RESUME
A huge plus if the specialist knows how to draw up individual programs for skin and body care + has experience in the sales of cosmetics. Such skills are in great demand in clinics.
A successful beautician must have the following skills:
- Be well versed in cosmetic preparations;
- use professional equipment competently;
- be able to determine the type of skin and conduct sales consultations;
- do testing of the patient’s allergic reaction to drugs;
- select effective treatment for the gentle elimination of skin imperfections;
- be able to do therapeutic massage, care procedures, hardware techniques, and techniques.
WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT THEMSELVES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
Personal qualities can be a significant factor in the selection of candidates. Therefore, the resume must correctly indicate the qualities, both positive and negative. Particular attention should be paid to the merits of those helping in the work.
It is preferable that a specialist who works in the field of cosmetology is:
- Attentive to the little things;
- polite and friendly;
- neat and tidy;
- assiduous and organized;
- knew how to work in a team;
- had mental and physical endurance;
- strived to improve in the field;
- quickly mastered new information;
- had no bad habits;
- knew how to win over and find an approach to patients.
SUMMARY COSMETOLOGIST WITHOUT EXPERIENCE
It is difficult to get a job in a prestigious institution without work experience, but you can start small: sign up for courses in cosmetologists, which provide for further employment. And after working a little in your specialty and gaining experience, you can look for a job that you like.
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO VARIOUS SALONS AND THROUGH JOB SEARCH PORTALS AT THE TRAINING STAGE. SO YOU WILL REDUCE THE TIME OF EMPLOYMENT AND THE CHANCES OF GETTING AN INTERNSHIP WHILE STILL STUDYING.
The specialty is quite a in demand. New salons are opening every day, which requires specialists in the field of beauty. You can find choose a salon where training is provided or try to work for a start as an assistant beautician.
ENGLISH FOR BEAUTICIAN
Knowledge of English will be useful to any cosmetologist who wants to achieve significant success in the beauty industry. Working in prestigious salons requires not only the skills of polite communication with clients, high-quality performance of procedures, but also knowledge of the English language.
In elite salons, foreign guests and tourists often come as patients. To make a career and advance in position and earnings, mastering a basic level of English is necessary for a specialist.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR THE WORK OF A COSMETOLOGIST, DERMATOLOGIST
When writing a resume for a cosmetologist, you must emphasize your experience and education. Carefully select the skills and qualities that helped in your previous job. Structure your profile well and add an effective cover letter.
New York (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 7,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2019 – present (10 months)
Intern Doctor Dermatovenerologist
- Patient consultation.
- Prescribing treatment and prevention of diseases
- Keeping records and necessary documentation.
- Collection of pathological material
January 2017 – January 2018 (1 year)
Private clinic “Nova”
- Reception and treatment of outpatients
- Carrying out all types of cosmetic procedures.
- Complex aesthetic skin care.
- Selection of funds and development of individual programs.
- Training of mid-level personnel.
January 2016 – January 2017 (1 year)
Private clinic “Nova”
- Patient consultation on cosmetic preparations.
- Maintaining primary documentation.
- Keeping an appointment schedule.
- Assistance in cosmetic procedures.
- Preparation of equipment for work
2017, full-time form
State Medical University
Department of Dermatovenerology and Mycology
Specialty: doctor mycologist
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
2017 (2 years ago)
Passing the qualification test for 1 medical category
New Jersey Center for Dermatovenerology and Cosmetology DZM, dermatovenerologist of the 1st category
English native, Italian above intermediate
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, Email, Epharm, cash register
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read medical resources, do fitness, yoga, attend lectures and trainings, study English.
Competent speech, organizational skills, result orientation, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with people.
Achieving the maximum result, in the position held, using personal qualities with knowledge and work experience, which contributes to the development of the company, and also allows me to realize my abilities, gain new knowledge, strengthen personal well-being and social status.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
A good cosmetologist working in the clinic always takes care of the beauty and health of the patient’s skin. A specialist competently advises and gives advice on further skincare.
- Diagnoses patients.
- Carries out cosmetic procedures.
- He is engaged in maintaining medical records.
- Informs clients about the procedures performed.
- Complies with hygiene standards.
- Monitors the performance of professional drugs.
SUMMARY COSMETOLOGIST ANESTHETISTS
The profession is considered the most demanded and prestigious in the field of cosmetology. The esthete is engaged in massage, hardware cosmetology, face and body care, all types of depilation and epilation, make-up, eyelash extensions, permanent make-up.
- Determines the skin type and selects the appropriate procedures for it;
- performs facial massage;
- performs hardware and manual facial cleansing;
- picks up and applies masks;
- helps to get rid of cellulite through modeling massage;
- produces wraps;
- takes care of eyelashes and eyebrows;
- selects the most suitable type of hair removal for the patient’s skin;
- maintains the serviceability of devices;
- prepares the workplace;
- observes the rules of asepsis, antiseptics.
SUMMARY DERMATOLOGIST DOCTOR
Responsible specialty. The doctor identifies the causes of skin defects and eliminates them, sometimes through surgery.
- Determination of skin type.
- Effective and safe ways to eliminate skin imperfections.
- Prescribing drugs.
- Checking for the patient’s allergic reaction.
- Further observation of the patient until complete recovery.
- Compliance with all sanitary standards.
- Monitoring the health of professional drugs and devices.
The dermatovenerologist identifies venereal skin diseases, treats, and prevents them. The resume of a specialist should be drawn up carefully because the specifics of the work are not easy.
- Diagnose diseases.
- Advise patient.
- Assess the severity of the patient’s condition.
- Prescribe treatment and prevention of diseases.
- Determine the complex of studies of the identified disease.
- Draw up a competent treatment plan.
- Write out prescriptions for medicines.
- Maintain reports and fill out all necessary documentation.
COSMETOLOGIST’S COVER LETTER EXAMPLE
The role of the cover letter should not be underestimated. You should write that you want to work in this particular company, are interested in a specific position, and are suitable for the vacancy like no other.
PROVIDE REAL REASONS AND ARGUMENTS, AND FOCUS ON ADHERENCE TO REQUIREMENTS.
Additionally, tell us about your experience, desire to work, and develop professionally. Make a good impression, and your cover letter is the first thing a recruiter reads.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
My letter is a response to your vacancy (indicate where you learned about the position). I was very interested in your proposal. I have a great desire to work in your clinic (if you know, write the address) as a cosmetologist.
I have all the necessary skills in the field of cosmetology and meet the stated vacancy requirements. I have more than 5 years of experience as a cosmetologist. I have a higher medical education, but I never stop there, so I am constantly improving.
Cosmetics, beauty and competent skin care have always been and will be my passion.
I sincerely look forward to meeting you to discuss any issues. I am attaching a resume to the letter (or a download link). Thank you for your time!
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)