Let’s pump a resume of a dentist, compose it according to the correct model, and analyze 9 examples: therapist, orthopedist, orthodontist, and others. Then we will download the template, fill it in and write a competent cover letter for the employer.
Dentist – specializes in maxillofacial problems and dental treatment. Knows their structure and a list of possible diseases. A dentist is a complex and multifaceted profession, it has different directions: one doctor is engaged in dental prosthetics, the other is their prevention and filling.
THE PROFESSION OF A DENTIST IS CONSIDERED PRESTIGIOUS, IT IS EASY TO FIND A JOB, AND THE SALARY STARTS AT $ 4000.
- Reception, examination, and consultation of patients.
- Records management.
- Diagnostics, treatment plan preparation.
- Prevention of dental diseases.
- Complex dental treatment: filling, removal, restoration.
- A valid medical certificate.
- Work experience (in most cases required).
- Ability to work with dental equipment.
- Knowledge of the Info dent program
- Ability to take CT, OPTG, TRG, Sight, intraoral, and portrait images.
- The presence of a medical book.
HOW TO WRITE A DENTIST RESUME
For a resume for a job in a clinic, you need to answer the questions of concern to the employer. Briefly, meaningfully and on the topic to tell about yourself: personal qualities, hobbies and hobbies, experience, and professional skills. Sometimes they ask for photos of works.
- Pull important columns to the top of the form for the recruiter.
- Describe in detail the experience and responsibilities you have performed.
- Always send your resume with a cover letter.
- Ask for references from your past job
PERSONAL QUALITIES FOR A RESUME
It is necessary to correspond to the institution from a theoretical and practical point. Personal qualities and character traits should emphasize the professional level.
- Accuracy on the eye and clarity on the hand.
- Restraint, calmness, and emotional stability.
- Perseverance, patience.
- Friendliness, benevolence.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The skill list is always subjective. Each applicant understands something better. But for employment in a high-paying job, start from the requirements of the enterprise.
- Own hardware methods of oral hygiene.
- Dental microscope skills
- Experience with OPTG software and radiovisiography.
- Ability to restore all groups of teeth;
- Instrumental processing of teeth using ultrasound devices (as an additional skill);
- Recommendations are encouraged.
WHAT TO DO FOR A DENTIST WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE
The position of a dentist is in demand in private and public clinics, so finding a job without experience is not difficult.
YOU SHOULD START YOUR CAREER WITH A DENTAL ASSISTANT. THE MAIN THING IS TO LEARN HOW TO INDEPENDENTLY ACCEPT PATIENTS AND PERFORM BASIC FUNCTIONS. IT IS EASY TO DEVELOP SKILLS BY WATCHING A QUALIFIED DOCTOR.
DENTIST RESUME EXAMPLES
Modern dentistry has a wide range of activities: prosthetics, surgical interventions, prevention, and correction of occlusion. Let’s take a look at the 9 main specialties in dentistry and look at their responsibilities. Next, we will compose the correct resume, having the necessary information.
New York (ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 80,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2018 – present (11 months)
Dental Center LLC
- Outpatient examination and consultation of patients.
- Working with related specialists.
- Drawing up a treatment plan.
- Work on a digital Visiograph / OPTG.
- Professional oral hygiene (U / Z, AirFlow, Flossing, Stripping, Polishing, Fluoridation).
- Taking impressions, for making diagnostic plaster models, making aligners.
- Atraumatic tooth extraction.
January 2017 – January 2018 (1 year)
- Microprosthetics of vital and non-vital teeth using pin structures, inlays, onlays, ¾ crowns
- Aesthetic restorations using metal-free constructions.
- Prosthetics using Astra Tech, Bicon, Nobel implant systems with preliminary formation of a prosthetic bed. Screw and cement retained.
- Working with a face bow. Photographic record keeping.
January 2016 – January 2017 (1 year)
- Work in 4 hands (prevention, therapy, orthopedics, surgery, implantology).
- CSO, taking impressions, casting plaster models.
- Preparing the office for admission.
- Control and accounting of consumables in the office.
- Performing radiovisiography.
National Medical University
Faculty of Dentistry
- Doctor’s diploma in dentistry.
- A valid dentist certificate.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2017, 3 months (1 year ago)
Institute of Dentistry
English – native
Spain – primary
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
Driving license (category): A, B, C, D
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read books on psychology and medical resources, attend German courses, I love chess
Competent speech, organizational skills, business communication, result orientation, poise, activity, ability to independently solve assigned tasks.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
SUMMARY DENTAL ASSISTANT
Dentist assistant – assists the attending physician, is responsible for ensuring the reception, the necessary medicines, and equipment. He organizes the work of the office and is a representative of the junior medical staff, therefore, he is subordinate to the head nurse. For employment, secondary specialized education is required.
Responsibilities of the assistant:
- Preparation of dental instruments.
- Meeting and accompanying patients at the clinic.
- Patient education on oral care and hygiene.
- Ability to do anesthesia.
- Execution of sanitary and educational work.
- Ability to provide first aid.
- Assisting a doctor at a four-handed appointment.
SUMMARY THERAPIST DENTIST
Dentist-therapist – performs examination and diagnostics, fills and restores teeth, removes nerves, and prepares the oral cavity for prosthetics. It is able to treat most diseases – caries, gingivitis, pulpitis, and nerve inflammation.
Duties of the therapist:
- Consultative reception and therapeutic reception.
- Taking sighting shots.
- Professional oral cavity cleaning and teeth whitening.
- Endodontic treatment at a high level.
- Confident work with modern equipment and a microscope.
- Maintaining maps, photo protocol, documentation, reading CT images
SUMMARY ORTHOPEDIC DENTIST
Orthopedic dentist – specializes in dentoalveolar anomalies that have arisen as a result of natural processes: age-related changes, genetic predispositions or diseases.
- Clinical reception in the specialty “orthopedic dentistry”.
- Orthopedic work of any degree of complexity.
- Maintaining records and patient records.
- Metal-free ceramics: CAD / CAM-Ceroc, pressed ceramics-impression, prosthetics on implants, clasp prostheses on locks.
- Drawing up treatment plans, all types of prosthetics, metal, and metal-free structures, removable and fixed prosthetics, prosthetics on implants
SUMMARY DENTIST-IMPLANTOLOGIST SURGEON
Dentist-surgeon – engaged in the extraction of teeth and operations in the maxillofacial area. He operates on the jaw, face and joints for injuries or tumors, removes implants and prepares the oral cavity for the orthopedic dentist.
Responsibilities of the implantologist:
- Clinical reception in the specialty “surgical dentistry”.
- Implantation according to modern standards (systems: Dentium, Astra Tek, Nobel)
- Bone grafting.
- Postoperative observation.
SUMMARY DENTIST ORTHODONTIST
Dentist orthodontist – responsible for correcting misplaced teeth. The doctor corrects all cosmetic imperfections: teeth are too far apart, too close or just crooked.
- Patient consultation, orthodontic appointment management.
- Diagnostics (reading VCT, and calculating TRG)
- Drawing up a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Removable and non-removable orthodontic treatment
- Braces placement.
- The setting of the caps.
ONLY AN ORTHODONTIST HAS THE RIGHT TO PRESCRIBE DENTAL PLATES OR BRACES.
SUMMARY CHIEF DOCTOR OF DENTAL CLINIC
Chief Physician – belongs to the category of clinic leaders. Has a higher medical education and at least five years of experience in healthcare institutions.
Duties of the chief dentist:
- Operational management of the clinic’s medical staff.
- Clinic planning, organization, and coordination.
- Creation and maintenance of collegial links between doctors.
- Checking the correctness of filling out medical records.
- Patient admission management, if necessary.
- Quality control of medical admission and treatment process.
- Clinic report with detailed analysis.
SUMMARY PEDIATRIC DENTIST
Children’s dentists – children’s teeth are milk teeth, which have their own characteristics and specifics. A pediatrician must have the skills of psychology, because sometimes it is difficult to put an adult in a chair, and a child is completely impossible.
- Pediatric dentistry in full.
- Removal of temporary teeth.
- Prevention of diseases in children.
- Psychological preparation of the child for treatment.
- Consulting and documentation.
RESUME DENTIST HYGIENIST
Dentist-hygienist – regularly examines the oral cavity and teeth, advice on hygiene and disease prevention. Removes plaque and polishes teeth.
- Diagnosis of dental caries, periodontal disease, non-carious lesions, mucosal diseases, and registration of the patient’s dental status.
- Determination of the hygienic state of the oral cavity and training the patient in methods of brushing teeth, individual recommendations on the choice of hygiene products for adults.
- Preparation of the doctor’s workplace and office for receiving patients.
- Control of the availability of medicines and consumables in the office;
- Implementation of the current and general cleaning of the office.
GENERAL DENTIST RESUME
Dentist-universal – works in district and local hospitals, medical outpatient clinics. A person who is able to provide first aid to children and adults leads a mixed reception of patients.
DENTIST COVER LETTER EXAMPLE FOR RESUME
THE PURPOSE OF THE LETTER IS TO CONVINCE THE HR OFFICER THAT YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THE POSITION OF DENTIST, TO BE REMEMBERED AND TO MOTIVATE YOU TO READ YOUR RESUME.
Briefly state your desire to fill the vacancy and reflect its requirements in your experience and skills. The task is to create a good impression!
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
I learned about the vacancy of a dentist ( write where you learned ), I have a great desire to work in your clinic. I have been working for over six years! I own modern models of equipment and techniques of filling and prosthetics.
In my spare time, I am engaged in constant advanced training on courses and on my own. I have recommendations from previous jobs.
I am attaching a resume to the letter (or a download link). Thank you for your time! I will sincerely meet again.
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)