Today we will write a professional healthcare professional resume with personal qualities, skills, and a cover letter. In the article, we will reveal the nuances of compiling CVs for different specialties of doctors with examples.
- Preliminary reception and examination of patients, clarification of symptoms, and establishment of a diagnosis.
- Referral to undergo examinations (studies) to identify deviations.
- Determination of the diagnosis from the results obtained.
- Prescribing treatment for the patient (medication or surgery), followed by monitoring for improvement or worsening of the condition.
- Sanitary work.
HOW TO WRITE A DOCTOR’S RESUME
In a doctor’s resume, the most important point is personal work experience and the complexity of the work that you know how to perform. It makes no sense to write too much, the ideal volume is 2 – 3 A4 pages. The structure and literacy of information presentation are an integral rule when writing a presentation. Write only the truth, especially in such a responsible job.
The doctor is the calling of the soul, and also a profession with strict requirements! Not everyone will take responsibility for the life and death of a stranger.
You must have strong character traits:
THE SECRET TO A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IS TO LOVE WHAT YOU DO AND TO GIVE YOURSELF COMPLETELY. IN ADDITION TO COLD CALCULATION, IT IS NECESSARY TO SHOW ATTENTION AND INTEREST IN THE PATIENT, TALK TO HIM AND GIVE HOPE FOR RECOVERY AND A HEALTHY FUTURE.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES OF A DOCTOR
- Ability to work with medical equipment and technology (list the devices with which you will have to deal).
- Knowledge and understanding of existing methods of treatment and diagnosis of diseases.
- Development of complex therapy regimens.
- Skills of preparing an enterprise for scheduled inspections
- The skill of taking and reading ECG, X-ray, ultrasound, MRI.
- Knowledge of specialized medical programs.
- Skills of a competent and complete collection of anamnesis.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and psychology.
- Ability to provide emergency care to patients in an emergency.
- Ability to draw up, fill out, maintain medical records.
- Interpretation skills of various examination methods to clarify the diagnosis
- Experience in working with foreigners, elderly people, children, pregnant women.
SELECT ITEMS SUITABLE FOR A SPECIFIC VACANCY.
PURPOSE IN THE DOCTOR’S RESUME
The column that is filled in as standard: obtaining (filling) the position of a doctor. But this is almost the first place the employer looks. Correctly write in detail!
Purpose: I apply for the position of a general practitioner, I strive to gain new experience and it is advisable to apply my knowledge. I have recommendations and 5 years of practice.
DOCTOR’S INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
A nice move would be to call a list of hobbies, which only complements professional skills and qualities. Passion for psychology will give some advantage, and playing chess speaks of your patience and logic.
This is not a required field, but if you decide to voice your interests, write briefly:
Hobbies: I like to read, I am fond of psychology and healthy eating.
WHAT TO DO IF THERE IS NO WORK EXPERIENCE
- It is necessary to get higher education in the specialty “Medicine”;
- Receive an accreditation sheet along with a diploma, having passed a special commission, which includes doctors and professors of science;
- To undergo an internship for one year in a polyclinic, for further admission to a two-year residency in the specialty “Neurology”.
Medical practice is divided into graded categories, each of which has a higher professional level. The qualification commission, on the basis of a written statement, which indicates a description of all the knowledge and skills of the doctor, assigns him one of three categories.
Levels of assigning categories:
- 3 years of experience or more is the second degree;
- 7 years of work experience – first degree;
- 10 years or more – the highest degree.
SAMPLE OF THE CORRECT DOCTOR’S RESUME
It is unrealistic to fit knowledge about existing diagnoses and ailments in one person, therefore there are about 152 medical specializations. Let’s take a look at a general example of a good resume.
New York (ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 70,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2018 – present (10 months)
LLC Medical Center
Management of patients of the therapeutic department and related (endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology)
- Outpatient examination of patients,
- taking and decoding an ECG,
- maintenance and execution of medical documents.
January 2017 – January 2018 (1 year)
- Initial reception and examination of patients,
- identifying signs of the disease,
- objective methods of patient examination,
- work with the population.
National Medical University
Faculty of Pediatrics
Specialty: doctor pediatrician
- Doctor’s diploma in the specialty “General Medicine”.
- A valid certificate of a general practitioner
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2017, 3 months (1 year ago)
Continuing education (Actual issues of rheumatology)
State University Institute of Rheumatology, American Academy of Medical Sciences
2016, 5 months (2 years ago)
Continuing education (Actual issues of diagnostics, treatment and prevention of strokes)
FMBA named after Burnazyan, stroke
English, German (basic)
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
Driving license (category): A, B, C, D
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read books on psychology and medical resources, attend German courses, I love chess
Competent speech, organizational skills, business communication, result orientation, poise, activity, ability to independently solve assigned tasks.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
CV OF THE CHIEF PHYSICIAN
The head physician is the first person in a hospital facility. When compiling a resume, remember that medical education and experience alone will not be enough, it is extremely important to understand more economic and legal issues.
THE CHIEF PHYSICIAN IS RESPONSIBLE, NOT ONLY FOR THE PATIENTS OF THE HOSPITAL, BUT ALSO FOR THE STAFF, WHO CAN BE UP TO SEVERAL THOUSAND.
Basic duties of the head physician:
- Organization of the work of the staff of the entire hospital in the provision of timely and high-quality care to those in need.
- Management of the organization of health care in accordance with the current legislation of the country.
- Regularly analyze the quality of hospital performance;
- Represent the organization in any state and judicial authorities;
- Draw up and monitor the implementation of a set of internal labor regulations.
SQUEAMISH PEOPLE CAN FORGET ABOUT SURGERY, BECAUSE DURING OPERATIONS, IN ADDITION TO AN UNPLEASANT APPEARANCE, THERE WILL BE STRONG ODORS IN THE OPERATING ROOM THAT CAUSE A GAG REFLEX IN AN UNPREPARED PERSON.
A surgeon is one of the most difficult and responsible areas, which requires great concentration, attentiveness, and a lot of experience. It is necessary to clearly know the characteristics of the reaction of each organ to stimuli and be responsible for carrying out surgical operations. Persistent, well-developed memory and strong-spirited personalities will perfectly cope with the position.
- Reception and further examination of admitted patients.
- Conducting planned and unscheduled surgical interventions.
- Monitoring the patient’s condition until complete recovery.
- Postoperative examinations and prevention of potential complications.
The therapist is a key link in modern medicine. This is a general practitioner who has encyclopedic and special knowledge that allows him to quickly and accurately carry out primary diagnostics and prevention, analyze the results and prescribe effective treatment.
Responsibilities in the work of a district therapist:
- The decision of preliminary diagnosis.
- Appointment of a complex of primary treatment and prevention measures.
- Providing feasible first aid in critical conditions.
- Referral of people to specialized specialists for consultation.
- Detection of infectious diseases at an early stage and implementation of anti-epidemic safety measures.
Neurologist – diagnoses, prevents, and treats pathologies of the brain and spinal cord, nerve endings, and diseases affecting the nervous system. To get a job, you need a current certificate in “Neurology” and possession of the skills of osteopathy and manual therapy.
Neurologists deal with patients with reduced motor activity, speech disorders, cerebral palsy, and multiple sclerosis.
- Treatment and observation of patients.
- Issuance of hospital referrals.
- Carrying out examinations and medical examinations.
- Participation in the commission for the issuance of weapons and vehicle ownership.
An ophthalmologist is a specialist in the diagnosis of vision problems. He must have perfect knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the eyeballs, be well versed in the symptoms of diseases that cause complications to the visual organs.
Duties of an ophthalmologist:
- Medical examination and consultation of patients.
- Selection of glasses and contact lenses.
- Diagnosis of vision and correction of ametropia.
An obstetrician-gynecologist is a specialist with a higher medical education, who knows everything about the process of childbirth and possible pathologies and complications. The expert accompanies the pregnant woman from the first day of her visit to the clinic until discharge from the hospital.
- Continuous monitoring of the pregnant woman.
- First aid in case of toxicosis.
- Labor management.
Childbirth has no time frame, so you will have to work around the clock, which is within the power of people with great endurance and emotional stamina.
Psychiatrist – deals with the treatment of the “soul” of a person and specializes in disorders of the nervous system, the reasons for the appearance and ways to eliminate ailments. The main task of a psychiatrist is to determine the presence or absence of a disease and its effect on the psyche.
Duties of the psychotherapist:
- Collection of material for diagnostics and psychocorrection.
- Accompaniment of post-traumatic syndrome.
- Stabilizing and supportive therapy.
- Development of psychodiagnostic techniques.
A pediatrician is a pediatrician who deals with the treatment and prevention of diseases in a child under the age of 18.
Duties of the pediatrician:
- Assessment of the level of psychophysiological development of the child according to age.
- Consulting parents;
- Vaccinations and medical examination of children;
- Drawing up a rehabilitation program.
A complex profession that combines the duties of two different doctors at once. Anesthesiologist – responsible for the safety and effectiveness of anesthesia. Resuscitator – provides emergency medical care to people whose condition borders on life and death.
- Ability to do artificial ventilation of the lungs.
- Catheterize large veins.
- Be able to install a pacemaker.
- Knowledge of performing a lumbar puncture.
COVER LETTER EXAMPLE FOR THE DOCTOR
Tell us briefly about yourself and your personal life. Express your opinion about the place of work for which you are seeking to get a job and thank the employer for the time given to consider the resume. You can hint at the desired work schedule.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
I am a practicing surgeon with 9 years of experience, I have a great desire to work in your clinic (address and name of the clinic). I am well versed in human anatomy, I can react quickly in emergency situations, I have repeatedly operated (treated) patients with serious diagnoses.
Also, I constantly improve my qualifications on courses, attend medical seminars, I am fond of psychology and weightlifting.
I am attaching a resume to the letter (or a download link). Thank you for your time!
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)
I voiced the correct policy for filling out the employment form for a doctor’s vacancy, also pay attention to compiling a resume for a paramedic and nurse. If you have anything to add – welcome to the comments! Perhaps some points were left without attention, I will be glad to hear what is missing. As a token of gratitude, share the material on social media. networks with colleagues and friends.
YOU NEED TO GO THROUGH A DIFFICULT PATH OF SIX YEARS OF STUDY, 1 YEAR OF INTERNSHIP AND REGULAR REFRESHER COURSES. THEN, HAVING DRAWN UP A COMPETENT AND TRUTHFUL RESUME, YOU CAN COUNT ON A STABLE INCOME AND A SENSE OF MORAL SATISFACTION FOR THE LIVES SAVED.