In this article, we will help you create a competitive resume for the position of a librarian, we will analyze the important sections of the questionnaire: key skills, personal qualities, work experience, and education. In addition, we will analyze examples of the design of the form and the basic requirements for work.
The library is a land of knowledge. It is in this institution that the worldview of children grows and professionals in their field are born. Books help people to enrich their spiritual world, broaden their intellect and horizons. People of all ages and social status find a lot of useful and interesting things in the library.
Librarians are erudite people, they know how to work with books and professionally process data, organize and manage information materials. The librarian organizes the library fund and is responsible for its safety. Its task is to satisfy the needs of the audience for information search – to be able to quickly find the necessary book, as well as to correctly and orderly store printed or electronic publications.
The librarian’s duties include:
- Selection and delivery of books to visitors, accounting of book circulation.
- Content of books in proper form, control of the state of literature.
- Compilation of the library fund, processing of materials, and compilation of catalogs.
- Helping the readership in choosing literature.
- Communication with visitors, identifying their needs, and submitting recommendations for the choice of literature.
- The specialist is obliged to accept new literature, enter books into the card index, put them on the shelves in accordance with the catalog.
Among the professional requirements are:
- Graduated with a diploma from a library technical school or the corresponding faculty of a cultural institute
- High pedagogical skill, the ability to find a common language with people.
- A library worker should love the readership, help people navigate reference books.
- He must know the content of the book and have an idea: for whom this literature is intended.
HOW TO WRITE A COMPETENT LIBRARIAN RESUME
The resume should include information about previous work experience, education, and skills. Don’t forget about the certifications you hold. Research skill is very valuable for a librarian, so it should be reflected in the appropriate column.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS OF A LIBRARIAN
THE SPECIFICS OF WORKING AS A LIBRARIAN AT SCHOOL AND IN THE READING ROOM ARE SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE PECULIARITIES OF THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE INSTITUTION OR THE AUDIENCE.
The librarian must have the following professional knowledge and skills:
- The librarian needs to be able to predict and know the basics of governance.
- You must have organizational skills.
- Know the history of culture, English, European, and foreign literature.
- When working with readers, use technical means and work with copying equipment.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF A LIBRARIAN
- Librarians are empathetic, helpful, considerate, and polite people. They should not be indifferent to the reader.
- A specific trait of a librarian is his love of books. People in this profession pay attention to systematic, organized, and consistent reading.
- The specialist is characterized by communicative qualities: contact, sociability, emotionality, the ability to listen and understand readers.
- The librarian must express his thoughts correctly and be able to objectively discuss.
THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE CHOSEN A PROFESSION INCORRECTLY FEEL BOREDOM, APATHY AND IRRITABILITY APPEARS.
LIBRARIAN EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Not every librarian has a special education, especially since not all have a children’s specialization. But most of the library workers are limited to self-education.
- Most librarians have graduated or specialized secondary education with a pedagogical bias.
- A good librarian is not limited to a college degree. Many graduate students work as librarians.
- Employees complete refresher courses or retraining courses in order to improve their professional skills.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR A LIBRARIAN JOB
Jobseeker employment depends on the desire and personal intelligence, but such abilities can only be demonstrated at an interview. However, a well-written resume is required to get an invitation.
California (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 3,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2016 – present (4 years)
State University of Civil Engineering
- Bibliographic and informational services for the teaching staff and university students.
- Fund processing and cataloging; database maintenance in the Marc SQL program; systematization of printed works, creation, maintenance and systematic correction of the electronic catalog of the fund in the Marc SQL program.
- Maintaining catalogs and card files, organizing thematic exhibitions, working with magazine and newspaper funds.
- Service of readers, information on the reading room, catalog, registration of new acquisitions, registration of readers.
January 2011 – January 2016 (5 years)
Children’s Library, Philadephia
- Visitor service, assistance in the selection of literature, consulting.
- Accounting and storage of the book fund, accounting of turnover.
- Organization and conduct of classes with children.
- She conducted literary quizzes, games, made mini films with children’s stories about their favorite books.
2009, full-time study
National Polytechnic University
Faculty of Philology
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
- English – native
- Germany – C1 – Advance
- Spain – A2 – basic
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, E-mail, “Electronic diary”, “Obverse”.
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read materials on new techniques, fitness, yoga, cinema visits, museums, exhibitions.
Literate speech, organizational skills, result orientation, poise, activity, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with children, optimism, I can effectively plan time, attentiveness to details, striving for professional development, initiative, good level of professional competence , erudition, creative approach to the selection of didactic materials, skillful use of technical teaching aids.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
SUMMARY LIBRARIAN CHILDREN’S LIBRARY
The specifics of work in a children’s library depends on the contingent of its users. Children are absolutely not like adults – they need to be given specially prepared information products and take into account the peculiarities of their development.
- Introduce the library to your child as a safe, rewarding, and enjoyable place.
- Communicate to parents how important it is to read aloud to babies.
- Pick up literature for parents that will contribute to the further development of the child.
PEOPLE WHO WORK WITH CHILDREN SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF PSYCHOLOGY, APPROVE THE REQUESTS OF CHILDREN, TAKE INTO ACCOUNT THEIR INTERESTS.
RESUME OF THE MODEL LIBRARY LIBRARIAN
Model libraries are considered exemplary. Usually, they are located in comfortable rooms with a welcoming atmosphere. They are well-staffed and equipped with modern digital equipment. The model libraries use modern information technologies.
- Be able to handle computer equipment.
- Find the information you need quickly.
- Work with special software.
READING ROOM LIBRARIAN’S RESUME
Working in the reading room and on a subscription makes employees learn to find a common language with each reader, help him in finding information that matches his needs and interests. A reading room librarian should be friendly and willing to help readers find the literature they need.
- Conducting various public events.
- Organization of information work.
- Conducting bibliographic reviews, informant days.
- Organization of exhibitions – views.
SCHOOL LIBRARIAN RESUME
The librarian is not a teacher and must engage with children in a democratic manner, instilling a love for books and proper care for them. The task of the school is to familiarize children with reading the necessary literature, which will allow them to raise cultured people.
- Issuance of textbooks, reference, and methodological literature to students and teachers.
- Issuance of literature for a reader’s subscription.
- Replenishment and accounting of the library fund.
- Work on accounting and periodic inventory of the school’s library resource.
COVER LETTER EXAMPLE FOR LIBRARIAN
When writing a cover letter, do not forget to reflect on the information that was not included in the questionnaire – the HR manager will remember it and make a good impression. Pay attention to the suitability of your candidacy for the desired position
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your name and surname ).
Having familiarized myself with the requirements for the chief librarian, I realized that I was ideally suited for this position, since I have work experience and have the necessary qualities. It includes five years in the reading room and two years as an academic librarian.
I will be able to integrate modern technology into the library design, since I have experience in developing a streamlined city library website.
I do not want to miss the opportunity to work in your establishment. I look forward to meeting and discussing further cooperation with you in detail.
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)