Today we will work on drawing up a competent resume of a massage therapist, fill in the important columns: professional skills and personal qualities. We will also find out whether you need to have a medical education, what to do without work experience, and write the correct cover letter.
A massage therapist is a specialist who applies healing techniques through the impact of hands-on the human body. The massagist helps to improve the physiological state of the body, eliminate diseases associated with psychosomatics, as well as diseases of the musculoskeletal system or other organs.
The massage therapist’s process directly affects human health. Through massage, you can influence the physical, mental and emotional state of a person.
The employee should approach his duties with all responsibility, including:
- caring for the health of clients;
- continuous improvement and practice in the field of the massage;
- possession of the necessary techniques and types;
- knowledge of contraindications;
- a ban on alcohol or other toxic substances shortly before the procedures;
- actions strictly according to the doctor’s recommendations;
- do not diagnose patients on their own;
- compliance with sanitary and hygienic standards in the premises;
- monitor the client’s well-being before, during, and after the massage;
- friendly attitude towards customers;
- observance of medical confidentiality;
- attentive attitude to clients, taking into account their opinions, feelings, wishes;
- keeping records of expenditures;
- refusal to the client in case of not possessing the necessary knowledge or qualifications.
There are different requirements for specialists in this field of activity, but a demanded massage therapist needs:
- Have a secondary specialized medical education;
- know human anatomy and physiology;
- own massage techniques, know hardware techniques;
- cleanliness, well-groomed appearance, and good looks;
- ability to work with people, benevolence, responsibility, competent speech;
- work experience, a valid certificate, and a medical book are desirable.
CONVERSATIONS DURING THE SESSION ARE NOT DESIRABLE. YOU SHOULD ONLY FOCUS ON THE PROCESS TO GET THE MOST EFFECTIVE RESULT. BUT MASSAGE THERAPISTS SHOULD CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE PATIENT’S COMPLAINTS BEFORE STARTING THE PROCEDURE.
HOW TO WRITE A COMPETENT MASSAGE THERAPIST RESUME
The main information in the resume of a specialist is work experience and mastery of techniques, you should emphasize your achievements and knowledge. Pay attention to literacy, because a healthcare professional is a very responsible job.
KEY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The profession of a massage therapist is complex, so it will be useful to familiarize yourself and acquire basic work skills:
- Fast learner. Massage techniques are constantly being improved and there is a lot of competition. Therefore, it is necessary to quickly learn new techniques and replenish knowledge.
- Sociability. You need to be able to competently communicate with the patient. Understand what worries him, what he needs, and what result he wants to get.
- Excellent physical shape. All-day you need to stand on your feet, load the muscles of the arms and take up to 20 clients a day.
- Present your professional services effectively. Sales skill is appreciated in any area.
- Ability to work with people of different ages.
- Ability to find, attract, and retain customers.
WHAT TO DO FOR A NOVICE MASSAGE THERAPIST (NO EXPERIENCE)
If you decide to become a massage therapist, you need to decide how it is more comfortable for you to work: as a freelancer or in the system.
It’s tempting to be a freelancer – a fee schedule, an independent choice of clients, but no sick leave or vacation pay, and a smaller client base. Working in the system, resources and safety net become available. Large flow of clients + mastering a number of procedures. Some people prefer to combine options.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF A MASSAGE THERAPIST SUMMARY
When teaching massage, it is necessary to memorize and assimilate a variety of techniques, techniques, recommendations in a large volume. A successful massage therapist needs to possess qualities that will help to recommend a responsible, accurate specialist with a good memory.
Additional personal characteristics will also come in handy:
- Lead an active lifestyle, not have bad habits, play sports.
- Be delicate, have a sense of tact.
- Understand psychology.
- Be proactive (develop and apply massage, draw up personalized programs).
- Be purposeful (constantly improve your skills).
- Be patient.
- Have self-control.
DOES A MASSAGE THERAPIST NEED MEDICAL EDUCATION
It is desirable for a professional massage therapist to have a higher or secondary medical education, a higher sports education is also suitable.
THERE ARE COURSES THAT ISSUE DIPLOMAS OF MASSAGE THERAPISTS, THIS IS CALLED PRIMARY MEDICAL EDUCATION. BUT THIS TYPE OF TRAINING DOES NOT GIVE THE RIGHT TO PROFESSIONALLY ENGAGE IN MASSAGE.
The specialist needs to be trained at an accredited medical center. Then he will be able to receive a certificate of the established form and will be able to work in government agencies. Also, massage therapist need to undergo training on an ongoing basis to improve their qualifications and be certified.
DO I NEED TO KNOW ENGLISH
Foreign clients visit high-end establishments and mostly speak English. Your language level will determine how well you understand their preferences, and how the massage session will go in general. It is also necessary to explain to them clearly and clearly so that communication is two-way.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR A MASSAGE THERAPIST
Writing a competent resume is a task that requires time and attention. Before proceeding, you need to find out all the requirements of the employer and adjust the questionnaire for a specific company.
New York (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 7,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2018 – present (10 months)
- Carrying out massage procedures:
– anti-cellulite (manual, honey, vacuum, combined),
- conducting physical therapy classes;
- rehabilitation after injuries.
January 2017 – January 2018 (1 year)
Bathhouse attendant masseur
Sports and fitness center
- Customer service: park with brooms (in the steam room), peeling, scrubbing;
- various types of massage: general, sports, relaxation, anti-cellulite, vacuum;
- During his career, he was repeatedly encouraged by the management and constantly accumulated clientele.
2017, full-time form
Institute of Physical Education
Faculty of Rehabilitation
Specialty: massage therapist-rehabilitation therapist
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2018, 3 months (1 year ago)
Classic massage. Certificate No. AN-064.
Educational and training center “ProffMed”
2017, 3 months (2 years ago)
Therapeutic massage. Certificate No. AI-058.
Educational and training center “ProffMed”
2017, 3 months (2 years ago)
Educational and training center “ProffMed”
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, Email, Epharm, cash register
Driving license (category): B, C
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read materials on new techniques, fitness, yoga, cinema visits, museums, exhibitions.
Competent speech, organizational skills, result orientation, poise, activity, ability to independently solve assigned tasks, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with people, optimism, I am able to achieve set goals, I can effectively plan time, attentiveness to details, striving for professional development, initiative
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
SUMMARY MASTERS OF THAI MASSAGE
Thai massage is one of the most unusual and ancient types of massage. It is very different from the standard kneading of muscles, in order to practice it, you need an appropriate certificate.
- There is no rigorous process flow.
- The specialist acts on the patient’s body with his hands, elbows, knees, and feet.
- The process takes place mainly on the floor.
- This massage is not aimed at relaxation. It was based on the removal of tightness and pain.
- The specialist makes breathing techniques that help harmonize the movement of the hands.
- Dosed pressure is produced on the patient’s body.
- Trust is established with the client in order to harmonize his psychological state.
- The procedure is performed intensively, but at the same time, it is known for the softness of working out the body in a painful place.
SUMMARY CHILDREN MASSAGE THERAPIST
Baby massage is a responsible and painstaking work with children, even with babies. Its main difference is the correction of not only the physiological defects of the child but also their prevention.
- Competently understand childhood diseases that can be cured with a massage.
- Excellent knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of children.
- Examination and assessment of the physical condition of babies.
- Knowledge of newborn reflexes.
- Ability to conduct gymnastics.
- Find a common language with children: be able to calm and relax the child.
SUMMARY VIETNAMESE MASSAGE THERAPIST
A Vietnamese massage is quite unique and interesting. It was based on the theory that it is necessary to take care of the internal state, then the physical condition will automatically improve.
- Influences human bioenergy.
- The massage also works on the joints and muscles.
- The process uses aromatic oils.
- Massage is performed not only with hands but also with feet.
- Taps, herbs, and cans are involved.
- Light-color effect.
SUMMARY MASSAGE THERAPIST BEAUTICIAN
The cosmetologist masseur is especially in demand among the fair sex. Massage allows you to improve, tighten, and improve the condition of the skin without injections and surgeries, through the study of biologically active points.
An experienced professional should deal with problems like:
- Transform the face shape.
- Fight acne.
- Improve microcirculation and tissue tropism.
- Disperse stagnant spots.
- Get rid of wrinkles.
SUMMARY OF SPA MASSAGE THERAPIST
Spa massage affects all body systems, therefore it contributes to the overall improvement of all functions. It helps to relax and invigorate at the same time.
Spa massage features:
- Returns strength.
- Relieves muscle tension and pain.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Normalizes the emotional state.
SUMMARY MASSAGE THERAPIST REHABILITOLOGIST
A rehabilitation massage therapist is much more and more than a regular massage. The specialist must remove the patient’s diagnoses through quality work. This species is able to improve the physical condition, even in seriously ill patients.
- Medical massage.
- Physical procedures.
A GOOD REHABILITATOR CAN CURE PATIENTS AFTER STROKES, OSTEOCHONDROSIS, AND EVEN HELP TO COPE WITH DISEASES OF THE MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM.
MASSAGE THERAPIST COVER LETTER EXAMPLE
The cover letter was created specifically so that you can demonstrate your best side in a free form and interest the employer. You should not underestimate its importance, it is thanks to the letter that you can attract attention and stand out among the applicants.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your name and surname ).
I was interested in the vacancy of a masseur (indicate where you learned about the position). I have a great desire to work in your company (if you know, write the address) as a psychologist.
I can describe myself as a responsible, attentive and experienced specialist. I have extensive experience in the field of massage. He worked in government and commercial institutions. He was also engaged in private practice. I am fluent in various techniques.
I have a higher medical education. I am always improving and learning new massage techniques and techniques. I will be glad to work with you. Thank you for attention.
I sincerely look forward to meeting you to discuss any issues. I am attaching a resume to the letter (or a download link). Thank you for your time!
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)