The work of a medical representative requires a high-quality resume. Today we will fill in the sections important for employment: skills, personal qualities, goals, and achievements of the applicant. We will also write a competent cover letter to the resume of the medical representative.
A medical representative is a trusted person, an intermediary in the conclusion of contracts between drug manufacturers and their customers: pharmacies, hospitals, sanatoriums, and health centers.
THE MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE IS AN INDISPENSABLE LINK IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL FIELD, PLAYING A KEY ROLE IN THE PROMOTION AND GLOBAL MARKETING OF PHARMACEUTICAL PRODUCTS.
A private or state pharmaceutical organization cannot independently advertise and popularize the provided product; for such purposes, the profession of a medical representative exists. Its task is to establish business contacts with medical institutions and doctors. Typically, reps are categorized into hospital drug promoters and prescription drugs.
THE EMPLOYEE’S ACTIVITY IS REDUCED TO THE DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION MATERIALS AMONG DOCTORS: TREATMENT SCHEMES FOR VARIOUS AILMENTS USING ADVERTISED MEDICINES. IN ADDITION, THE INFORMATION INCLUDES DRUG RECOMMENDATIONS FROM COMPETING COMPANIES AND COMPARATIVE CHARACTERISTICS.
- Availability of secondary or higher pharmaceutical education;
- Work experience in medical practice for at least 1 year;
- Negotiation skills, the ability to easily establish contact and build long-term partnerships;
- Confident work with a PC: Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Experience in conducting educational presentations;
- Proficiency in a foreign language is not an obligatory factor, but its knowledge can play a decisive role in employment;
- Possess sales skills, knowledge of the basics of the drug trade;
- A driver’s license is desirable.
- Knowledge of the stages of a medical visit
- Promotion of pharmacological medicines on the sales market;
- Informing the client about the advantages and disadvantages of the medicine, the advantages of using it;
- Establishing business relationships with partners and collecting the necessary information;
- Analysis of customer needs and forecast of the level of sales of manufactured drugs;
- Conducting professional pharmacological consultations for representatives of medical institutions;
- Keeping a book of records of sales of used products.
HOW TO WRITE A RESUME OF A MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE
The profession is in good demand in the labor market, if you have a good track record, then finding a job will not be difficult. But a competent resume must be constantly updated and up-to-date. In order for the hiring manager to pay attention to your profile, it is better to draw up a resume according to the target template.
HOW TO GET A JOB FOR A STUDENT WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE
Many medical institutions recruit young employees, students with higher education, and a desire to develop in their chosen field of activity, even without work experience.
It is better to start a career as a medical representative with an intern or an assistant of an experienced specialist. After a certain amount of experience, you will be entrusted with the distribution of one drug or a line of products – it is important to establish yourself on a trial period. With perseverance and dedication, you will become a sought-after specialist and move up the career ladder.
If you meet the stated requirements, and also understand or speak English, the employer will gladly accept you for work, even if you have just finished your studies.
KEY SKILLS OF A MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE
Possession of certain skills, if not initially mandatory for employment, they must be developed for successful career activities in the future. It is beneficial to master some functions on your own so that you do not waste the time of your colleagues on your education and training at the workplace.
- Be a skillful computer user and understand office equipment;
- It is important to be a team person, to be able to work with other people, not being an individual farmer;
- Understand all the important subtleties of office work;
- Be able to draw up a sales plan and conduct presentations;
- Be able to negotiate, speak competently, and convince the buyer.
It is extremely important to be a sociable and open person, to be emotionally stable, self-confident, decent, and purposeful. Strive to increase sales, self-development, and business contacts. Sometimes you will need to hold seminars and meetings with colleagues at work, for this, you need oratorical and organizational skills.
HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO KNOW ENGLISH
ENGLISH IS A COLOSSAL PLUS, WHICH ONLY PROFESSIONALS HAVE. WITH SUCH AN ADVANTAGE, YOU CAN EVEN OUTPERFORM A COMPETITOR WITH WORK EXPERIENCE BUT ONLY KNOW YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE.
Knowledge of English is optional. However, in addition to a significant plus when applying for a job, English opens up many career paths for you to develop. Without a foreign language, the activity will have an endpoint – work in a mediocre pharmaceutical company. You will not work on the road, and there will be no business trips to foreign countries. I advise everyone who wants to achieve success to start learning the language because 90% of the information about drugs is in English.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE RESUME OF A MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE
When writing a resume, it is wise to mention your professional achievements, which play a significant role in the selection of personnel. The principles of filling out the column are described in the article on achievements.
When specifying information about personal records, adhere to the rule: the result obtained (in numbers) = your actions, thanks to which the result was achieved.
Example: increased the level of drug sales by 34% per month, thanks to the conclusion of an agreement with a large network of pharmacies.
HOW TO WRITE A GOAL ON A RESUME
The goal in the resume is one of the very first and most important lines, the employer will look at it first of all. Due to their inexperience, most people write standard information in the column. It makes no sense to write the title of the position – it’s wrong!
It is necessary to designate as specific as possible in the column: the employer’s company, the desired position, and clear intentions to get this job.
Example: the position of the regional honey. representative of the company A-PHARM with the ability to start work as soon as possible.
We consider this section in more detail in the article on correctly setting and writing a goal in a resume – I advise you to study the material so that your resume is effective.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR A JOB OF A HONEY REPRESENTATIVE
California (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 7,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2018 – Present (10 months)
- Providing partnerships with the company’s clients;
- support and expansion of the network of clients and end users of exclusive drugs;
- presentation of drugs, participation in conferences, exhibitions, trainings and meetings;
- participation in the bidding company, control of timely delivery to healthcare facilities, pharmacies and ensuring proper consumption of the company’s products;
- participation in drawing up a business plan for your region and its implementation;
- timely submission of reports;
- carrying out the promotion of drugs.
January 2017 – January 2018 (1 year)
Physician (general practice)
Central district polyclinic
- Reception of patients with all types of pathologies;
- appointment of examinations and treatment;
- work with a wide range of medicines;
- home visits to patients;
- provision of emergency medical care;
- maintaining medical records, incl. electronic;
- cooperation with medical representatives;
- attending refresher courses, lectures, medical conferences.
National Medical University,
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2018, 3 months (1 year ago)
Medicine sales skills
2017, 3 months (2 years ago)
Public speaking courses
School of public speaking
English – native, Spain – confident
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, E-mail, Epharm, cash register, MS Office.
Driving license (category): B, C
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read medical literature, fitness, yoga, cinema visits, museums, exhibitions.
Competent speech, organizational skills, result orientation, poise, activity, ability to independently solve assigned tasks, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with people, optimism, I am able to achieve set goals, I can effectively plan time, attentiveness to details, striving for professional development, initiative
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
SUMMARY OF SENIOR MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE:
Senior Representative – the highest authorized person in the preparation and conclusion of business contracts and the person responsible for the activities of other medical representatives.
- Maintenance and development of a pharmacy commissioned for management;
- Regular implementation of collective educational activities;
- Conducting timely motivational campaigns and projects;
- Interaction with federal and regional networks.
SUMMARY OF REGIONAL MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE
Regional or territorial representative – develops the most promising strategy or action plan to maximize the use of a given site.
- Leading the entire team of medical representatives;
- Creation and implementation of strategic sales plans;
- Analysis of the probability and rate of market development;
- Implementation of the implementation of priority tasks during working hours;
- Training and training of working personnel;
- It is imperative to fulfill the specified sales plan for pharmaceutical products for the current month.
RESUME OF THE ASSISTANT (ASSISTANT) HONEY. REPRESENTATIVE
Its mission is to systematically update and order medicines for distribution, as well as maintain a customer base and execute orders quickly and efficiently.
- Full accounting and maintenance of the entire client base;
- Monitoring the activities of drug suppliers;
- Drawing up an activity plan and goals for the current month.
MEDICAL REPRESENTATIVE COVER LETTER EXAMPLE
A meaningful addendum letter allows you to tell a little about your personal life and highlight aspects that you did not reveal on your resume. Most importantly, all of this should characterize you as a good employee and make you want to communicate in person.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
I recently learned about the vacant position of a regional medical representative (indicate where you learned about the position), which interested me very much.
I have three years of work experience at the last place of work, I have gained considerable experience and more than meet the specified requirements, moreover, I am constantly improving my skills.
I have always carried out assignments of any complexity efficiently and in a timely manner; I am a diligent and responsible person since childhood. The past work collective spoke positively about me, as evidenced by a number of recommendations that I can provide upon request.
I look forward to meeting at any convenient time to discuss any questions that interest you. I attach a resume to the letter (or a download link)
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)