Let’s sort out on the shelves how to correctly write a resume for the vacancy of a nurse, find out what the requirements are for applicants today. And we will also find out what influences the decision to employ your candidacy in a good polyclinic or medical center.
Standard responsibilities include:
- Assessment of the patient’s primary condition.
- Timely implementation of medical procedures, which is prescribed by the attending physician.
- First aid or assistance.
- Maintaining a file, hospital records – storage (write-off), and use of drugs.
Requirements for employment:
- Secondary medical education
- Knowledge of the names and prescriptions of drugs.
- Ways (rules) of disinfection in premises.
- Experience with intravenous injections (vaccinations).
- Basic knowledge of medical ethics and educational psychology.
- The position requires a general background in chemistry, biology, anatomy, and botany.
HOW TO WRITE A RESUME FOR A NURSE JOB?
THE GOAL OF A COMPETENT RESUME IS TO CREATE A PORTRAIT OF AN EMPLOYEE BASED ON THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE EMPLOYER, TO SELECT THE NECESSARY QUALITIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR THE POSITION OF A NURSE.
Qualities are suitable for many directions (look at the paramedic’s resume), but try to write not in a formulaic way:
- Highly developed degree of empathy, compassion, and understanding of the patient;
- good attentiveness (observation);
- the ability to the absolute concentration of attention;
- stress resistance (restraint);
- developed motor skills and manual dexterity;
- and also banal humanity, without which there is nowhere.
But there are no universal skills that will fit all branches of nursing. You should start from the requirements in the vacancy, pay attention to experience, describe the responsibilities and achievements.
STRESS AND MENTAL STRESS WILL QUICKLY BREAK A WEAK CANDIDATE. SO THAT THE EMPLOYER DOES NOT HAVE TO SEARCH FOR PERSONNEL AGAIN, THEY CHOOSE STABLE PEOPLE. POINT OUT THAT YOU ARE AN EMOTIONALLY TOUGH PERSON; IT IS IDEAL TO DO THIS BY SPECIFYING SKILLS IN WORKING WITH OLDER PEOPLE AND IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION.
A NURSE WITHOUT EXPERIENCE
It is possible to make a resume without experience, but you need to have strong theoretical knowledge and remember real achievements, practice or internship.
On the other hand, the experience is easy! The place of work is not only medical polyclinics but also other institutions:
- boarding houses,
- wellness points,
- medical centers
- social security organizations.
SAMPLE READY RESUME
The profession of “sister” has many different directions. I will analyze the main specializations separately and help you write a resume for a job in any professional institution.
in New York (ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 4,000, full employment
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Specialized secondary Date of Birth: January 7 1992 (26 years old) Family status: Not married (have children)
March 2018 – present (10 months)
Nurse of the procedural room
Polyclinic of the
NY State Social University Blood sampling, setting of droppers, carrying out procedures-ILBI, i / m, n / c, i / v under medical supervision. drugs, compliance with sanpin, removal of ecg and ctg.
December 2017 – March 2018 (3 months)
Medical examination of patients, provision of first aid, preparation of a menu in the food unit, according to diets, compliance with the sanitary-epidemiological regime, record keeping
2017, full-time form
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2017, 3 months (1 year ago)
Educational course (name)
German – C1
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, 1C: Accounting, Consultant plus.
Driving license (category): A, B, C, D
Your free time activities:
I read economic news and analytical resources, attend French courses, go in for equestrian sports and love fishing
Competent speech, organizational skills, teamwork, business communication, result orientation, creativity, poise, activity, ability to independently solve assigned tasks.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
SUMMARY TREATMENT NURSE
The treatment room is the place where injections are given, smears, and blood are taken for analysis. The set of responsibilities for which you need to be ready when employment is in the job description, but they may differ, it depends on the medical institution.
- Collection of patient’s blood with subsequent sending to laboratory departments.
- Keeping records of the replenishment (use) of drugs (special attention is paid to narcotic drugs)
- Maintaining the rules of hygiene, asepsis (antiseptics) during treatment sessions.
- High-quality sterilization of used consumables and instruments.
- Full archival (documentation) work.
SUMMARY NURSE ANESTHETIST
Sister anesthetist – takes a direct part in surgical operations and prepares the patient for anesthesia. She also monitors the state of the convalescent during the operational (postoperative) period and provides prevention of complications during and after operations. Her responsibilities include monitoring the patient during anesthesia, therapy and resuscitation.
SENIOR NURSE RESUME
The work of the department is supported by the older sister, the main task is to unleash the potential of the staff, and to provide effective treatment in the clinic. The work is divided into 4 main functions:
- Organizational issues
- Quality control of provided services
- Communication with staff
- General methodical work “.
SUMMARY PHYSIOTHERAPY NURSES
The physiotherapy nurse is obliged to carry out preventive and rehabilitative measures prescribed by the doctor of the physiotherapy department. She prepares the equipment and checks it for performance, is responsible for the correct operation and safety. And also, maintains documentation related to the admission of patients.
The sister communicates with the patient at the same time, learning the details of his physical condition, and monitors the indicators on the technique.
SUMMARY NURSE IN DENTISTRY
In dental centers, the nurse is the trained person, the right hand of the dentist. She is fully responsible for maintaining the anti-epidemic regime: cleaning medical waste, sterilizing instruments and cleaning the office.
- Preparation of the workplace before the appointment.
- Dental equipment serviceability check.
- Control over the consumption of medicines and drawing up requests for their replenishment.
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WRITE A COVER LETTER! TAKE IT AS A RULE.
Nurse Cover Letter Example
You don’t need to write a text for a long time, only in rare cases, it is worth bothering (for example, in a managerial position), but usually, this is an easy annotation to read the resume. You can use the example below:
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
I was very interested in the vacancy for the position of a nurse. My experience and work skills fully meet the requirements. I have 3 years of experience, I am well versed in technology and easily communicate with patients. Plus, I am a fast learner and ready to start work (internship) at any time.
I attach a resume to the letter (or a download link)
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)