Consider an example of a correctly drawn up resume for a paramedic vacancy, learn how to position yourself so that the employer will definitely pay attention to your candidacy. The template is ready for download, and you will find a sample filling in the article.
A paramedic is an assistant to the attending physician, specializing in receiving and examining patients in clinics and hospitals, but mainly travels to the place of call. The paramedic does not replace the doctor but performs part of his duties. He assesses the state of health and establishes a preliminary diagnosis, is able to provide emergency medical care.
PARAMEDICS CAN ASSIST DOCTORS DURING SURGICAL PROCEDURES AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING RECORDS.
- Examination of patients;
- Monitoring seriously ill patients;
- Implementation of procedures and measures prescribed by the attending doctor;
- Quality control of the sanitary condition of the wards;
- Providing first aid.
- Having a diploma of obtaining secondary vocational education;
- A valid medical certificate;
- Experience with PC and medical equipment
HOW TO WRITE A RESUME OF A PARAMEDIC
The idea of a competent resume is to highlight your merits. At the stage of selecting candidates, it is enough to concentrate the attention of the recruiting manager on your letterhead. Therefore, it should be simple, informative, and reflect the requirements of the vacancy. Fill out your resume in order of importance.
The key skill is the ability to provide high-quality first aid, in the absence of a doctor, to take on the diagnosis of the patient and independently prescribe treatment.
- Experience in assisting a doctor during surgery
- Knowledge of operating equipment
- Communication and counseling skills in difficult situations
- Knowledge of drugs: their farm, actions
- Pre-trip inspection skill
WHAT A STUDENT WITH NO WORK EXPERIENCE SHOULD DO
The first thing that comes to mind of a student after graduating from college is to go headlong into adulthood and start working in large organizations. But good medical centers and clinics give preference to candidates with education and experience.
THAT’S RIGHT, START YOUR CAREER GROWTH WITH PRACTICE (SOMETIMES FREE) IN SMALL HOSPITAL LABORATORIES AND GET YOUR FIRST WORK EXPERIENCE, AT LEAST ONE YEAR.
Further employment depends on a competent resume and the number of views.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF A PARAMEDIC FOR A RESUME
The qualities of a paramedic overlap with a nurse and doctors. A paramedic is the same therapist, with a secondary specialized education and working anywhere, from military units, rural areas and ending in medical and sanitary units of private organizations.
The list of personal qualities can be found in the doctor’s resume, the main ones are:
- resistance to stress.
SAMPLE CORRECT RESUME
Let’s consider the different specializations of paramedics. Having analyzed the requirements of a particular vacancy, we will be able to write a resume correctly.
in New York (ready for rare business trips)
Desired salary from 7,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Specialized secondary Date of Birth: February 9 1985 (32 years old) Family status: Married (no children)
March 2018 – present (10 months)
Medical assistant of the field brigade
- First aid.
- Consulting patients on emerging issues.
- Document management.
- Establishing diagnosis.
- Performing all types of injections and medical procedures.
December 2017 – March 2018 (3 months)
medical assistant Private medical center
- Medical examination and coordination of patients.
- Maintaining a medical file.
- Interaction with insurance companies.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2017, 3 months (1 year ago)
Educational course (name)
Printing, Scanning, Copying Documents, Internet, Email,
Driving license (category): A, B, C, D
Your free time
activities : I go to the gym, I am fond of writing medical articles and extreme driving.
Competent speech, hardworking, able to work in a team, balanced, able to quickly solve assigned tasks.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
RESUME OF AN AMBULANCE PARAMEDIC
Paramedic SMP (ambulance) – heads the team and helps the main doctor who is a member. He works on calling patients, transports the patient to the hospital, provides emergency assistance and states a fatal outcome.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Assessment of the severity of the patient’s condition;
- Providing emergency medical care;
- Help with a specialist doctor;
- Collecting information about a disease or injury;
SUMMARY PARAMEDIC LABORATORY
A paramedic laboratory assistant is a general specialist, has the skills of researching analyses carried out by the laboratory.
Activities involve a number of responsibilities:
- Taking blood (from a finger), hero syndrome, storage and transportation of biological material;
- Conducting all types of laboratory research;
- Preparation of samples, chemicals, glassware, instruments, and equipment for research.
SUMMARY OF THE FAP PARAMEDIC
Feldsher FAP (feldsher-obstetric station ) – works in places close to rural areas, where residents receive medical care.
Points are departments of local hospitals or outpatient clinics.
The main responsibilities of FAP paramedics:
- Providing first aid within the competence of a paramedic and obstetrician at the reception and at home;
- Organization of dispensary observation of sick and disabled people;
- Maintenance of preschool institutions;
- Conducting district visits and identifying sources of infectious diseases;
- Educational briefings with the public;
- Informing about significant potential threats.
SUMMARY VETERINARY PARAMEDIC
Veterinary paramedic – works under the direction of a veterinarian. Carries out preventive measures with animals and advises owners.
- Inspection of cattle before slaughter;
- Providing obstetric care to animals;
- Assistance in carrying out (carrying out) surgical operations.
SUMMARY OF THE HEALTH CENTER PARAMEDIC
Medical assistant of the health center – works at the sites of industrial organizations, is responsible for the health and working conditions of the team.
Responsibilities may vary, but these are mainly:
- Medical examination of production employees;
- Providing first medical aid;
- Personnel consultation and referral;
- Determination of the preliminary diagnosis.
SUMMARY PARAMEDIC MIDWIFE
Feldsher obstetrician – helps in accompanying childbirth, monitors the progress of pregnancy until discharge from the hospital.
List of main responsibilities:
- Patient supervision and care;
- Outpatient reception of patients, their services at home;
- Fulfillment of appointments established by the doctor;
- Providing first aid and emergency assistance.
Paramedic Cover Letter Example
MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION AND PEOPLE WILL WANT TO INVITE YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW!
The task of the letter is to interest the future boss. This is a short personal presentation, do not write a lot of information, the recruiter will learn everything the recruiter needs from the resume.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
I found out about the vacancy of a paramedic (write the source: “ on the website workme.net” ). Please consider me for this post.
I have recommendations, 5 years of experience as a medical assistant, higher education and skills in providing emergency assistance.
I participate in seminars, strive to be a competent specialist and consider medical service my vocation.
I am attaching a resume to the letter (or a download link). I look forward to meeting you and thank you for your time.
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)