We will compose the correct resume for a teacher and educator. Let us explain the difference between these three specialties. We will help you arrange your resume in such a way as to stand out from the background of applicants and attract the employer’s attention Let’s look at the main sections and fill out a resume with examples.
Teacher, teacher, or educator – what’s the difference?
- A teacher is a full-time employee of a general education school, teaching one specific subject, and graduating from a pedagogical university. Teaches only children.
- A teacher is a person who teaches a subject for more mature, conscious, and accomplished people. Places of activity – secondary specialized or higher educational institutions.
- The teacher is a collective concept of people who participate in the education and training of a person. A teacher can be both a teacher and a lecturer, as well as specialists working in the field of additional education.
Responsibilities of the teacher:
- Conducting educational activities, taking into account the characteristics of students and the specifics of the subject being taught;
- Draw up a training calendar for a quarter, year;
- Conduct training sessions in accordance with the plan;
- Carry out extracurricular individual work with lagging students;
- Combine theoretical teaching in a subject with practice;
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness and learning outcomes of the subject;
- Maintain documentation and electronic journal;
- Conduct parenting meetings;
- Ensure the protection of life and health of students during the educational process.
- Higher pedagogical education. Foreign language teachers – higher philological;
- Work experience is encouraged, but not always required;
- The ability to fall in love with your subject and motivate to study it;
- Desire to develop and the ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to navigate in modern technologies and information resources;
- Ability to find a common language with children of any age and status;
- Having an international certificate or practice abroad will be an advantage.
- No criminal record.
HOW TO WRITE A COMPETENT TEACHER RESUME
The emphasis in the teacher’s questionnaire should be on work experience, skills useful to the teacher, and student achievements. Pay special attention to grammar and concise presentation of information, because before teaching, you need to take care of your own image in the eyes of the recruiting commission
How can an employer know that you are a good specialist? With the help of mentioning professional skills in the resume, of course. After all, every teacher should have them:
- Possession of technologies for design and research activities;
- Knowledge of specialized computer programs;
- Experience in developing lessons within the framework of the MES project;
- Classroom leadership experience;
- Tutoring skills;
- Competent written and oral speech;
- Knowledge of business etiquette;
- Using your own teaching methods;
- Skills in organizing the educational process;
- Knowledge of pedagogy and teaching psychology;
- Ability to interest students;
- Experience in preparing for the State Academy of Arts, Unified State Exam, Olympiads, competitions;
- Possess the methodology of conducting laboratory studies;
- Skills of scheduling, lesson schedules;
- Skills of working with lower grades;
- Experience in conducting seminars;
- Knowledge of teaching methods;
- Experience in conducting educational documentation;
- Skills of control of pupils’ knowledge;
- Individual approach to students;
- Fluency in the national language of the country of instruction.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHERS REQUIRE HIGH PROFICIENCY IN THE LANGUAGE OF THEIR SPECIALIZATION, AS WELL AS ORAL AND WRITTEN LITERACY.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF A TEACHER, TEACHER
Perhaps the main qualities of any teacher are stress resistance and sincere love for students, be they, children or adults. But only these two features do not go far. Employers are looking for educators with the following personal characteristics:
- hard work, efficiency;
- discipline, responsibility;
- purposefulness, perseverance;
- the organization, observation;
- systematic improvement of their professional level;
- striving to constantly improve the quality of education.
RESUME OF A TEACHER WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE
There is no teacher with absolutely zero work experience. Thanks to the modern education system, absolutely all students of pedagogical universities are required to undergo teaching practice lasting several weeks. It is carried out outside of training sessions.
Students are completely immersed in the working conditions of the teacher. Practice takes place in general education schools, boarding schools, orphanages, colleges, vocational schools, lyceums, gymnasiums, preschool educational institutions and is quoted as full-fledged work experience.
WHEN WRITING A RESUME, IT IS WORTH MENTIONING ANY TEACHING PRACTICE, BE IT THE AFOREMENTIONED PRACTICE FROM THE UNIVERSITY OR TUTORING. WITH A LACK OF EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL ATTENTION IS PAID TO ACHIEVEMENTS.
ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE TEACHER’S RESUME
Highlight a few measurable, specific, and job-specific facts from your career that demonstrate the faculty’s professional qualifications and skills, for example:
- A number of students.
Example: the experience of teaching your subject to students in grades 5-11 in 3 parallels (more than 500 students)
- Classroom results.
Example: she was a homeroom teacher for 3 grades. As a result, class performance increased by 30%, and the number of unsatisfactory grades decreased by 1.5 times “
- Participation of students in the Olympiads, their results.
- Availability of personally developed teaching methods.
Example: thanks to the new teaching methodology, the quality of students’ knowledge based on the monitoring conducted by the educational organization in the 2018-2019 academic year increased from 53% to 69%.
- Education, internship, or practice abroad, availability of supporting documents.
- The results of the EGE / OGE / VNO students after individual lessons.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR THE WORK OF A TEACHER, TEACHER
In the questionnaire, demonstrate your professional competence as much as possible. Compose your resume based on the vacancy – rephrase the requirements, add a detailed description, and add information to the form.
in New York (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 5,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Higher Date of Birth: January 7 1990 (28 years old) Family status: Not married
January 2016 – present (4 years)
Primary school teacher
Secondary school №22, NY
- She taught at least 40 lessons in her subjects weekly.
- Controlled the progress, attendance, active participation of children in extracurricular activities.
- I have an excellent command of the methodology for analyzing teaching and educational work.
- Constant search and implementation of effective forms and methods of teaching and education
January 2011 – January 2016 (5 years)
Teacher of English
School №51, NY
- Development and delivery of English lessons.
- Preparation of curricula according to the training program.
- Participation in the work of the school methodological association.
- Interaction with parents, parenting meetings.
- Create a welcoming classroom environment.
- Classroom leadership: monitoring progress, attendance, children’s participation in extracurricular activities.
- Extracurricular activities.
2009, full-time study
State Pedagogical University,
Faculty of Foreign Languages
Specialty: English teacher
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2018, 3 months (1 year ago)
Technologies for the development of adapted educational programs in accordance with the Federal State Educational Standard.
Educational and training center
2017, 3 months (2 years ago)
Teaching a foreign language in the context of implementation (advanced training).
Institute of Education
English native, Spain – C1 – Advanced
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, E-mail, “Electronic diary”, “Obverse”.
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
I read materials on new techniques, fitness, yoga, cinema, museums, exhibitions.
Competent speech, organizational skills, result orientation, poise, activity, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with children, optimism, I can effectively plan time, attentiveness to details, striving for professional development, initiative, good level of professional competence , erudition, creative approach to the selection of didactic materials, skillful use of technical teaching aids.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER RESUME
an employee of a general education private or public school who teaches children from first to fourth grade. He also deals with them in out-of-school institutions.
- Assist in the adaptation of students to school;
- Ensure the safety of life and health of students in the learning process;
- Organize the cultural life of the class;
- Organize student activities;
- Interact with parents on education and upbringing of children;
- Maintaining school records and electronic journals.
Requirements for a primary school teacher:
- Knowledge of pedagogical theory;
- Knowledge of the basics of psychology;
- Ability to organize and control discipline in the classroom;
- Patience and resistance to stress;
- Love for children, possession of the skills of positive discipline of children;
- Ability to effectively and creatively organize meaningful leisure for children.
SUMMARY OF THE TEACHER OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
The teacher of English and literature forms the language culture of the student, he teaches communication skills, increases the level of literacy, and clarity of pronunciation of English speech.
- Conducting English language and literature lessons in grades 5-11;
- Preparation for the OGE, USE, VNO;
- Keeping an electronic journal;
- Extracurricular and extracurricular work on the subject;
- Cool leadership.
- Highest qualification category;
- The presence of Olympiad activities (MOSH, VOSH);
- The effectiveness of preparing students for the USE, OGE, VNO;
- Refresher courses.
RESUME OF AN ENGLISH TEACHER
The specialist teaches the basics of grammar, vocabulary, and phonetics of a foreign language, as well as the application of the knowledge gained in the lessons in real life.
- Higher pedagogical or philological education;
- English language training in accordance with the requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard;
- Work in grades 5 – 11, groups of different levels;
- Load on the curriculum, extracurricular activities in the subject;
- Load in additional education for preschoolers, primary school children, and adults.
- Proficiency in methods of an in-depth study of the English language
- Preparation for the exam, exam, olympiads, international exams with modern educational technologies;
- An international certificate is welcomed;
- Ability to work with school documents;
- Experience in preparing for Olympiads and competitions.
SUMMARY OF TEACHERS OF HISTORY AND SOCIAL
Teaches the history of the country, the world, and politics. Must be objective and impartial in presenting factual material, separating it from personal assessments.
- Teaching in grades 5 – 11 of the comprehensive school of history and social studies;
- Effective participation of students in projects, competitions, olympiads;
- Systematic preparation for the OGE and the Unified State Exam (and successful delivery);
- Using modern techniques, methods, and teaching aids in your work;
- Systematic analysis of the effectiveness of training sessions and learning approaches.
- Higher pedagogical education with a degree in History and Social Science;
- Highest or 1 qualification category;
- Possession of modern educational technologies, striving for pedagogical self-improvement;
- Ability to consistently work with children using a differentiated and individual approach;
- Availability of up-to-date refresher courses in the specialty;
- Confident user of PC (MS Office), interactive whiteboard.
RESUME MATH TEACHER
The specialist consistently and methodically teaches the exact sciences, including algebra and geometry. Develops analytical and logical thinking in students.
- Conducting mathematics lessons in secondary school from 5th to 11th grade;
- Extracurricular activities in the subject;
- Additional education, use of city resources;
- Introduction of a math circle.
- Higher education (pedagogical);
- Highest qualification category;
- Availability of courses on the Federal State Educational Standard is encouraged;
- Willingness to teach in advanced mathematics classes;
- Availability of a certificate of passing the exam.
SUMMARY OF THE TEACHER OF PHYSICAL CULTURE
Instills in students a love of sports, a healthy lifestyle, conduct classes taking into account the interests and characteristics of the group and motivates them to participate in sports schools.
- Organization and conduct of physical education lessons;
- Drawing up a lesson plan for children from different physical groups;
- Organization of sports games and competitions.
- Higher pedagogical education (physical education);
- Certificate of no criminal record;
- Availability of recommendations from the previous place of work.
COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHER RESUME
The teacher helps students adapt to the modern world of information technology, the basics of information processing in the network, and software algorithms using technical means.
- Conducting informatics lessons for students in grades 5-11;
- Acquaintance with the basics of computer graphics;
- Fundamentals of Modern Web Design. Basic knowledge of site layout (HTML, CSS, Flex);
- Teaching the basics of Internet literacy and security.
- Deep solid, and most importantly “living” knowledge of the subject;
- Higher pedagogical education (mathematics and computer science);
- Highest qualification category;
- Having a diploma in completing additional courses in IT will be an advantage.
COVER LETTER EXAMPLE FOR TEACHER
- Highlight your accomplishments. Include examples of your accomplishments in past jobs as a teacher. Olympiads, high state scores, success rate.
- Please include any training or certification. Courses, internships, training abroad. This will demonstrate that you are qualified for the job.
- Include related work outside of class. Tutoring or volunteer experience will be a big plus for those who have little work experience.
- Customize and personalize your cover letter to suit your specific school and job listing. To do this, it is worthwhile to study the future place of work: the principles of work, for which they are proud and famous.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your name and surname ).
I propose my candidacy for an open teacher vacancy (indicate where you learned about the position). I really love my job and I am sure that I am ideally suited for this position.
I have a 12 year high school job. She developed and implemented new methods for teaching her subject, which increased the level of academic performance by 40% when passing state exams.
She conducted classes on new scientific and pedagogical programs, initiated extra-curricular self-help circles with lagging students and additionally prepared children for the USE.
She was a class teacher and graduated 2 senior classes, and my students constantly won prizes at local, city and regional Olympiads.
I hope to meet soon to discuss my experience in detail. I am attaching a resume to the letter (or a download link). Thank you for your time!
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)