A coach’s reputation often depends on the level of his skill, but in order for the instructor to present his abilities correctly, it is necessary to correctly write a resume. In this article, we will fill in the important sections of key skills, personality traits, and a resume cover letter.
A coach is a specialist who is engaged in bringing up certain qualities or abilities of his pupils. The main task of the master is to show the student his strengths, teach him how to use them correctly, and help him achieve the desired result.
Behind every successful person is an experienced coach, this person not only develops the abilities of his charges but also motivates students to reach new heights by personal example. The instructor directly influences the personal growth of his students and instills in them professional ethics.
Responsibilities of the coach:
- Attract customers and sell services.
- To instill in beginners basic skills and abilities.
- Create a training schedule.
- Select the most effective set of exercises.
- Monitor the nutrition of your pupils.
- Avoid injury to students.
- Observe safety regulations.
- Maintain accounting and reporting documentation.
- Accounting and analysis of the results achieved by students.
Requirements for the trainer:
- Availability of education for the relevant position.
- Knowledge of psychology, pedagogy, theory, and teaching methods.
- Experience in personal training and consulting.
- Knowledge of ethics of behavior, the basics of service, the basics of knowledge in the field of sales.
HOW TO WRITE A COMPETENT COACH RESUME
The position of a coach brings a good income, so to get it, you need to correctly draw up a resume indicating your previous work experience and your achievements.
All data in the questionnaire should be sorted by importance – this principle is appropriate to apply to the entire body of the resume. If you don’t have a lot of work experience, then the most effective method that reflects the data the applicant needs is used in the target form.
KEY SKILLS IN A COACH’S RESUME
It is imperative that the coach must have good physical and emotional preparation, as well as:
- Possess psychological techniques that affect the emotional state.
- Be able to correctly assess the student’s capabilities and distribute the load.
- Possess the skills of planning lessons, methods, and training complex.
- Be able to organize a group and individual activities.
- Be able to resolve conflicts and manage disputable situations.
- Be able to set goals for yourself and your students, and help them achieve them.
- Be able to convince, explain, and give feedback.
- Be able to make decisions quickly and take reasonable risks.
- Know anatomy, biomechanics, and nutritional science.
PERSONAL QUALITIES OF THE INSTRUCTOR
In the resume of the trainer, the personal qualities of the applicant are also of great importance. People who decide to connect their lives with this work should be:
- Honest and punctual.
- Hardy and patient.
- Sociable and responsible.
- Purposeful and persistent.
- Persistent and disciplined.
- Conflict-free and stress-resistant.
HOW TO WRITE A RESUME FOR A COACH WITHOUT EXPERIENCE
For people who do not have many years of experience, the employer’s attention should be focused on the ardent desire to learn and develop in the coaching field. In addition, mention that you are doing individual training and know-how to achieve results.
When there is less experience than it should be, the emphasis is on the cover letter. Write in it that you are ready to undergo an internship and provide all kinds of assistance to instructors, you have an important task in front of you – to get the necessary experience.
DO I NEED TO KNOW ENGLISH
It is necessary to focus on knowledge of the English language if the future place of work is connected with foreign citizens or outside the country.
But for most vacancies, knowledge of a foreign language is not very important, basic knowledge is quite enough.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR A COACH JOB
When writing a resume, do not overload the questionnaire with a list of your previous jobs that are not related to coaching. The resume form should be short, well-structured, and concise (1-2 A4 pages).
Gym instructor, New York (not ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 5,000, full time
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00
Mailbox: [email protected]
Citizenship: United States
Date of Birth: January 7, 199_ (age 29)
Family status: Not married
January 2017 – present (4 years)
Fitness center Perfection, New York
- Drawing up an individual training schedule.
- Development of dietary and sports menus.
- Control and assistance in performing exercises.
- Development and training of the coaching staff.
- Organization and conduct of competitions in the club.
- Formation and retention of a customer base.
January 2011 – January 2016 (5 years old)
MMA Club, New York
- Group and personal training.
- Organization of sports events.
- Motivation and adaptation of students.
- Conducting introductory, trial trainings.
- Control of cleanliness and order in the gym .
- Demonstration and explanation of the exercise technique.
2009, full-time form
State University of Physical Education
Faculty of Physical Education
- Specialty diploma.
- A valid certificate.
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2018, 3 months (1 year ago)
Fundamentals of HR Management
Educational and training center
2017, 3 months (2 years ago)
Fundamentals of personal learning
Education and training center
2017, December (3 years ago)
Meeting the standard Candidate Master of Sports
English – C1 – Advanced.
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet.
Free time activities (interests, hobbies, hobbies):
Swimming, martial arts, fitness, yoga, healthy lifestyle
Competent speech, organizational skills, result orientation, poise, activity, responsiveness, politeness, ability to easily find contact with people, optimism, I can effectively plan time, attentiveness to details, striving for professional development, initiative, good level of professional competence , no bad habits.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
A business coach deserves special attention; it differs from sports instructors only in that it fosters leadership qualities, entrepreneurial skills in students, and warns against making mistakes. And although the field of activity of business coaches is different – they have the same skills and qualities as athletes.
COACH COVER LETTER EXAMPLE
The cover letter complements the resume application form, it is designed to encourage the recruiter to pay attention to the applicant and make a pleasant first impression.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
On the site ( write where you learned about the vacancy ), I saw a vacancy for the position of a fitness trainer.
Sport and self-development is the goal of my life, it made me a successful, educated and disciplined person.
I am experienced in individual and group training, I can sell gym services and fully meet your requirements.
I can pass on my skills to other people, teach me not to give up in the face of difficulties, work in a team and achieve results.
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)