We will compose the correct resume of a veterinarian in order to stand out from the background of applicants and attract the attention of the employer. Let’s consider the main vacancies in veterinary medicine using examples and fill in the key columns of the resume.
Veterinarian – has a secondary or higher medical education, specializes in the treatment of animals, and prevents the transmission of an animal’s disease to humans. Checks the health and maintains the equipment used during the operation. Often works in a team with other doctors, monitors the quality of distributed products and livestock products.
Functional responsibilities of the veterinarian:
- Treat animals, both in the clinic and at home upon the client’s call;
- Collect and transport all the materials necessary and used in the work;
- Keep records and fill out various types of documentation;
- Acceptance of animals, provide assistance and advice in choosing the necessary product;
- To carry out all the required preventive measures, and this is vaccination, castration, sterilization, teeth cleaning, and even a haircut.
General requirements for a veterinarian:
- Availability of secondary or higher medical education;
- Work experience in the specialty is encouraged. It is not required, but it will be much easier with it;
- Skillful use of a computer for conducting paperwork;
- Good knowledge of modern veterinary medicines, drugs, and vaccines.
VETERINARIAN WITH NO EXPERIENCE
Become veterinarians after graduating from a specialized educational institution. The direction must be chosen at the very beginning of training: to become a surgeon and perform operations or to be a traumatologist. But colleges and universities prepare students for work and caring for farm animals, for the treatment of pets, additional courses must be completed and indicated on the resume.
Having a good education and having completed qualification courses is not difficult to find a job without experience. In your resume, include advanced knowledge of chemistry and biology, such as hobbies and interests. Write in detail about the experience gained in practice.
WITHOUT WORK EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL HAVE TO START YOUR CAREER AS AN ASSISTANT VETERINARIAN AND IN A FEW YEARS BECOME A FULL-FLEDGED INDEPENDENT DOCTOR.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS OF A VETERINARIAN
Every doctor must have professional skills. They will simplify the job, make it more valuable, and bring pleasure to the client who brought the pet for examination.
- Organization and control of mating, artificial insemination, diagnosis of animal pregnancy.
- Computer skills and prof. equipment (hydraulic control panel, Komarov disinfection unit, with an ultrasound machine and STP).
- Ability to conduct outpatient appointments and clinical examination of animals, diagnose and treat, select medications.
- Skills of administering drugs to animals through the mouth, rectum, subcutaneously, intradermally, intramuscularly, intravenously, intratracheally, into the abdominal cavity, by inhalation, through a milk catheter into the udder, through a gastroesophageal or mouth-esophageal tube into the stomach.
- Skill selection of materials and behavior of allegorical studies on glanders, tuberculosis, brucellosis, and others (blood, urine).
- Ability to maintain medical and zootechnical documentation.
- Surgical skill (suturing and treating wounds, castration of males and females, stopping bleeding, opening abscesses, puncturing the scar, suturing, and dressing).
- Experience in injections, the setting of droppers, catheters, drainage systems, fixation, and dropping off animals.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of keeping different types of animals.
- Ability to conduct deworming, buying, dusting animals.
- Knowledge of medical procedures: external wraps, compresses, enemas, douching.
- Ability to prepare and apply for dietary, vitamin, and antibiotic medicines.
THE PERSONAL QUALITIES OF A VETERINARIAN
It is important for the profession to be attentive to small things and have a developed memory. Be a patient and kind person, have strong hands to hold and fix animals. In the resume, indicate non-standard character traits:
- The ability to quickly think about a situation and make intelligent decisions in difficult situations.
- Courage and moderate self-confidence.
- Complete dedication and dedication.
- Unlimited love for animals.
- Integrity and cleanliness.
- Traits of persistence, integrity, and consistency.
DO I NEED KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH
Knowledge of a foreign language will allow you to work abroad and in high-quality clinics serving foreigners. This is more promising for a career, and the income level will be much higher.
KNOWLEDGE OF SPOKEN ENGLISH WILL GREATLY SIMPLIFY THE TASK OF FINDING EMPLOYMENT FOR VACANCIES IN VIP CLINICS.
SAMPLE RESUME FOR WORK OF A VETERINARIAN
When writing a veterinarian’s resume, describe in detail your work experience, past job responsibilities, and the skills you possess.
Miami (ready for business trips)
Desired salary from 4,000, full employment
Telephone: +1 (234) 567-89-00 Mailbox: [email protected] Citizenship: United States Education: Specialized secondary Date of Birth: January 7 1992 (26 years old) Family status: Not married (no children)
March 2018 – present (10 months)
- Examination of animals, diagnosis of diseases, research of the causes of diseases.
- Clinical and surgical treatment of animals.
- The use of veterinary drugs and control over the rational use of consumables.
- Carrying out measures to prevent diseases and death of animals.
- Maintenance of veterinary accounting and reporting documentation and journals of the established form.
December 2017 – March 2018 (3 months)
Veterinary paramedic Veterinary
- Assistance during surgical procedures.
- Animal examination, injection, vaccination, blood sampling, catheter placement.
- Visitor registration and documentation.
- Animal care in a hospital, disinfection of surgical instruments.
2017, full-time form
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Specialty Doctor Veterinarian
- Veterinarian diploma.
- A valid certificate.
- Practice in the clinic (1 year).
COURSES AND TRAININGS
2017, 3 days (1 year ago)
Veterinary Surgical Conference
English – native, Spain – spoken
Printing, scanning, copying documents, Internet, E-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, 1C: Accounting, Consultant plus.
Driving license (category): A, B, C, D
Your free time activities:
I read medical literature and write articles. I help homeless animals and go in for equestrian sports.
Competent speech, organizational skills, teamwork, business communication, result orientation, creativity, poise, activity, ability to independently solve assigned tasks.
Can anyone recommend you?
Specify: Name / Position / Contacts
SUMMARY VETERINARY ASSISTANT
A veterinarian’s assistant is a versatile employee, his main task is to simplify the activities of a veterinarian. The assistant works in the treatment room, hospitals with the functions of an X-ray laboratory assistant, and in operating rooms.
Responsibilities of the assistant:
- Performing tasks assigned by the veterinarian.
- Maintaining cleanliness and order throughout the office.
- Implementation of vaccinations and catheterizations.
- Sterilization of instruments and room cleaning.
CV OF THE CHIEF VETERINARIAN
The chief veterinarian is the face and leader of the entire veterinary service. It organizes and conducts preventive and veterinary and sanitary measures to prevent diseases and increase the growth of healthy livestock, poultry, as well as improve the quality of the diet and food products.
Duties of the Head physician:
- Drawing up a plan for preventive and sanitary measures.
- Monitoring the implementation of the established rules for keeping and feeding farm animals.
- Logging and providing a summary of performance.
- Purchase and write-off of veterinary drugs and consumables.
- Motivation and personnel management.
SUMMARY VETERINARIAN POULTRY FARM
The poultry farm veterinarian – checks the quality of the poultry used at the enterprise, monitors the sanitary regime, makes diagnoses and reduces the number of poultry deaths and rejects.
- Compliance and control of sanitary and veterinary requirements;
- Keeping records;
- Acceptance of live birds at the enterprise;
- Veterinary and sanitary examination of the received carcass of the bird and its internal organs;
- Culling of poultry in case of non-compliance with quality standards.
- Control over the planting of young poultry.
SUMMARY VETERINARIAN ON PIG, CATTLE, AND SMALL CATTLE
The doctor of cattle and small cattle (cattle and small ruminants) works on farms and treats cattle, plans a plan for the operation of the farm, and takes measures to prevent the occurrence of infectious diseases. He complies with hygiene rules when feeding and caring for animals.
A pig veterinarian has the same duties as a cattle and small-breeding doctor. Only he organizes the veterinary service at the pig-breeding complexes, draws up plans for preventive measures, and analyzes the causes of diseases in pigs.
- Pre-mortem clinical examination
- Post-mortem veterinary and sanitary examination;
- Implementation of antiepizootic measures;
- Prevention and treatment of animal diseases;
- Clinical and surgical treatment of animals.
- Functional hoof trimming, trimming, treatment, and prevention.
- Orthopedic blocks placement, herd monitoring (according to the degree of lameness and limb placement).
SUMMARY VETERINARY GYNECOLOGIST
Veterinarian-gynecologist – to take care of the health of the reproductive organs of animals. It is extremely important for this doctor to have a perfect knowledge of anatomy, physiology and endocrinology in order to provide high-quality care.
- Initial examination of the animal and determination of further actions;
- Collection and analysis of the necessary biomaterials;
- Implementation of preventive measures to establish a diagnosis;
- Surgical interventions.
- Artificial insemination of animals and the provision of obstetric care.
SUMMARY VET LAB
A veterinarian in a laboratory is a practical activity that requires accuracy and a theoretical basis. The laboratory assistant conducts analyzes and is responsible for the veterinary and sanitary examination of animal raw materials for suitability for food purposes.
- Accepts materials submitted for research and ensures their safety.
- Keeps records of the consumption of raw materials and prepares documentation.
- Carries out disinfection and sanitization of the workplace.
- Sterilizes instruments and calculates test results.
VETERINARY COVER LETTER EXAMPLE
In the letter, it is important to clearly, competently, and honestly, tell about your additional skills that are useful in work and make the best possible impression on the future employer.
Hello ( write employer’s name if known )!
My name is ( fill in your Name and Surname ).
I found out about your vacancy from a work colleague. I have six years of seniority as Chief Veterinarian and referrals you can find out about on my resume. My knowledge is relevant and improving, in my free time I regularly attend trainings and refresher courses and try to keep abreast of news and innovations.
I will be glad to meet at any time to discuss any issues. Thank you for your time.
I attach a resume to the letter (or a download link)
Please contact me by contacts:
First name Last name
Link to profile in social networks (optional)